Monday, October 24, 2011

Almost, Maine



 

Audience Experience
When I attended the ticket window of the theatre, I was not aware of the large number of elderly people who were standing around. I thought that I was coming to see a romantic performance and most the audiences would be young couple holding hands. Therefore, I thought that these elderly people were going to see another show. When we walked into the theater, I was surprised and confused that all the elderly people there were audience of “Almost Main”.  Only few students I have seen there but I believe because they had to be there for an assignment.  After we took our seats and became quiet and attentive listeners to the performance, the show started and all of us as the audience members had our favorite scenes which were measured by our applauding, laughter, and comments all during the show.
Since each scene deals with a different characteristic of love, I found a situation that can relate to my personal life. As audience, we were taken on journey of ups and downs as the performance touches on fear of love, lost chances, in addition to friends understanding their true feelings.  Every situation in the performance reminded me of one I have personally been through or helped a friend deal with.
The performance placed special strategies on us as audience through the adaptation and activation to specific circumstances since its goal is to spur us to the real life. Therefore, my attending to the theater was very rewarding because I had the power to choose my focus and to engage emotionally and intellectually and express my response.  I had the pleasure of being a member of this theater audience because for me it was a big and true challenge to open myself to new theoretical experience and what they proffer.
Whether we talk about the show or not, I believe from a board member noting, that everyone can relate to the performance of the play one way or the other. When I got home, I discussed the show with my husband, he was very supportive and gave a lot of positive feedback and he too felt that he was connected in some way to it. All the performers feel real, regardless of the almost magical part s found during the performance. Thus, for us, the show has been a very great and challenging experience.
Finally, by the end of the show and as I was leaving the theater felt a connection with each character of the performance and I was left with a true feeling of positive attitude, pleasure, and happiness. Therefore I always reminded myself when leaving that door to be happy and leave with a smile on my face and a sense that happiness and love are all around us especially when there are sometimes in our lives when we fall in or out of love. When it is difficult at some moments, it is always bright on the other side. I truly say that this show was educational and uplifting and, as simply said as the show is itself, well done.

1 comment: